Tuesday, January 27

Tuesday 10-10 Great Things About Texas

Being a true Texas girl born and raised, I decided to do today's Tuesday 10 on just that!


1.THE PEOPLE. This is probably my top reason that Texas is great! I lived in Las Vegas very briefly and learned to appreciate the southern hospitality even more. Whether it is people holding doors open for you, a smile from a stranger, a hug from someone you just met or making friends with a complete stranger in Target(oh yes i have done that), people here are genuinely caring and thoughtful.


2. THE SHOPPING. I love love love to shop, although I don't know too many girls who don't love it, Texas has some awesome shopping. From the Galleria in Houston, to Fredricksberg, to The Stockyards in Ft. Worth and Market Square in San Antonio. No matter what you are looking for you are sure to find it, and if you are a Turquoise Fan like myself The Stockyards are definitely your best bet!
3. TEXAS PRIDE. You would be hard pressed to find a Texan or Native Texan who doesn't light up when they talk about Texas :) I would highly doubt there are any other states who display their flag and heritage as proudly. So many people are so proud to be a Texan they even tattoo it on themselves(not innocent little me though :P). 4.THE FOOD. You can find every kind of cuisine here : Good Old Fashion Country Cookin, Amazing Steaks, The Best Mexican Food, Seafood, Italian, Sushi....you name it we have it...and it is all sooo good. There is also the fact that since many of the founders of Texas were German we have some awesome food like Kolaches...ymmmmm. 5. RODEO. Not only do we have the biggest paying rodeo in North America right here in Houston, but there are tons of rodeos all over the place. They are all so much fun and you can feel the excitement in the air as soon as you walk onto the grounds! 6. THE SCENERY I absolutely love driving through the Texas Hill Country. It is so relaxing to me to see all the gorgeous rolling hills and open plains that you see outside of all the "Big Cities" 7. NEW BRAUNFELS has so much to do and see. You can go camping, go tubing down the river(my personal favorite) or go to Schlitterbahn Water park. If shopping is more your thing you can head to Gruene, and while you're there be sure to check out The Gristmill! If live music is more your thing then you should definitely check out Gruene Hall or River Road Icehouse.

8. SPORTS. I love to watch baseball and football especially going to the games. Even when we have some not so great seasons we are true fans tailgating and cheering our hearts out!
9. THE WEATHER. Although humidity is not great for anyone's hair I absolutely hate cold weather so South Texas is the best place for me! On a cold week we might have 4 cold days in a row followed by days in the 70's. We can usually start laying out and going to the beach in late March and can still have pool partie's up through the first part of October! I love warm weather so the more warm days I can get the better!


10. MUSIC. Some of the best songs you will ever hear are from our Texas Singer/Songwriters! There is not a weekend that you can't find a concert or two and the crowd is always a blast. If you are new to Texas Country then I definitely reccomend Eli Young Band and Aaron Watson.


I'm sure I could come up with 1,000,000 more reasons why Texas is the Greatest State, but that is my Tuesday 10 for ya!

2 comments:

Cara said...

That was such a fantastic list! I miss Texas more than you know! And I loved how you linked to my blog on the "native Texan" part. So sweet!! Can't wait to be back in Texas in March and May! :)

Erica S said...

I love your Tuesday 10. Its so true. Texas is amazing and I would never live anywhere else.