Monday, January 26

Fear Factor

In light of Kimmie recently sharing her Bee story, I thought I would share my horrible encounter from a few weekends ago.

For those of you who don't know me, I am crazy, unnaturally, freakshily terrified of roaches. Especially those big freiken tree roaches we have here!

So, a few Saturdays ago Layne got up and left for work around 7. I got up shortly there after and as I groggily walked into the bathroom, there it was, inches from my foot...Roach-zilla! I screamed bloody murder and slammed the bathroom door shut behind me. I then called Layne in tears(oh yes my fear really is that bad) and begged him to come home from work and kill it, he could not come home :(

I kept both doors to the bathroom shut and finally decided that I was going to go get my nails done...because I needed too and I needed to go to the bathroom and was not about to go back in there. After getting my nails done i went and met layne for lunch and then came back to the apartment, talking on my phone i managed to forget about the roach until i walked into the bathroom flicked on the lights and there it was right by the light switch(you can insert any horrible scream you like at this point...it was loud!)

So I shut the door again and decided i needed to do something...i really needed in my bathroom so I grabbed a pair of layne's boots(they cover more of my leg so i felt safer), the broom, and a can of lysol(i discovered we had no bug spray). I then kicked open the door with my boot and jumped back about 10 feet. I attempted to spray him with the lysol, which by the way does not give you very much distance and roach-zilla managed to crawl around the corner of the bathroom wall and go into hiding :( This was B-A-D

I decided that there was nothing i could do...he had taken over my bathroom. I managed to hold it until layne got home, when he was immediately instructed to do his manly duty and go kill the roach. Layne looked all over the bathroom and in the linen closet and ....No roach. Great, my worst fear...he had escaped to somewhere else in the apartment.

So, after much convincing i decide Layne is right, and i am safe to take a shower. I start the water and push the shower curtain back and..... the little S*#$% falls out of the shower curtain! This time it is less than an inch from my foot and I begin screaming and running through the apartment like I am being chased by a serial killer. Layne then kills it and after about 15 minutes of trying to control my breathing i manage to calm down enough to get in the shower.

Ok, ok, you can stop laughing now...i now i am a big baby ;)

1 comment:

Erica S said...

I am the same way about spiders! I had one in my truck and stopped on the middle of I-10 and GOT OUT! Not one of my brightest moments but yes VERY SCARY!