Monday, February 23

Galveston - 5 Months Later

Layne and I decided to go to Galveston yesterday for the day, this was the first time we had been down there since the storm. Although there has been a ton of stuff cleaned up it is still crazy to see all the damage and destruction. I thought I would share some pictures with yall from our trip.



The pictures below are from Layne's Grandfather's house. They sold it a little over a year ago. I never saw it but was told is was a gorgeous 3 story beach house.
The slab was completely gone in the middle of the house.




They wrote their last name on the slab when it was built. I took this pic to show his mom.

This is the house Layne's Family had when he was little.

Here's another house that we saw on the beach.

Waiting in line for the ferry. I hate waiting in line for the ferry :(

They had a bunch of stuff set up on the Strand for Mardi Gras, we were walking to some of the shops when we noticed this :

They had a line around one of the buildings showing how far up the water was. Many of the stores and shops had been gutted and we re-doing everything.

We took pictures standing by the "Ike Water Line," keep in mind we are standing on a sidewalk about 2 ft off the street. It was HIGH!!!



This one is just me being a dork as usual! I tried to talk Layne into letting me buy it ... he said no :( haha

I just had to take a picture of the sunset on our way home. So pretty!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

I havent been down there since the storm either. Its still so sad to see what devastation still lies down there. Thanks for sharing those pics chica. Such an eye opener.